Wednesday, August 24, 2011

First Day of School

Well, I survived!  Day one of Kindergarten.  Complete!  It's amazing how you wait for what seems like forever to finally get 'the' job you went to school for.  I finally have it and I'm just like, huminahuminahumina...I finally have it?  What????

There were surprisingly no tears, no blood, and only a little bit of sweat...I'm OK with that!

So if you've been reading, today was a f'real back on the wagon day.  And guess what?  It happened!

Breakfast was a banana almond protein pancake (recipe to come) with some peanut butter and honey on top.  Of course it was enjoyed on the way to school, I just felt like I had a million things to do and couldn't justify sitting down to eat!


Our day was basically complete chaos when it came to anything that wasn't in my room...recess, lunch, dismissal, etc.  But, that was to be expected because not only was it the first day of school, we are a K-2 building, and we are a brand new school.  So, we didn't even have a previous year's plan to work from.  We made it though!

I was able to sneak away for about 4.68 seconds to inhale my lunch while the kids were at recess...sorry, no picture!  It was a gordita from Trader Joe's smothered in salsa.  Honestly, the picture is unimportant.  It looks like a yellow CD, but it's filled with refried beans and cheese.  YUM!  A side of corn was with it and a plum.  And maybe a snickers.  A fun size one though!  Considering the rest of the trash on the counters in the faculty room, I did preeeeetttty darn well :)

While still at school I got a text from Keefer asking me if I was going to the gym.  Yeahhhh, it's a good thing he did because I was leaning towards no.  But no!  The wagon!  By this point I was subconsciously mantra-ing myself, "I will work out. I will work out."  I fought with myself the whole way home (a whole 15 minutes) and got inside, and just went straight upstairs, got my clothes out without thinking about it, got changed and ran out the door. Literally! 

I went on a nice 2 mile run that about half of consisted running up a hill that is practically straight up.  F'reals.  It felt soooo good though!  Momasita needed me to stop by tonight so I ran in the direction of her house and ended up there at the end of my run.  

Dinner was waiting!  It was Newman's Own Margherita pizza.  I had never had it before but it was delicious, especially with some red hot, and half of the pizza was about 400 calories.  Appropriate for a good choice dinner!  I enjoyed a nice, leisurely .5 mile walk home as the sun was setting...it was so beautiful outside!


Today's lesson learned:
Even if you spend 11 hours at work with 20 Kindergarteners, you might not want to work out afterwards.  It helps to find someone to hold you accountable, to send you a text/phone call/IM asking if you're going to work out today.  It's a lot harder to not work out when you either have to lie to that person or just say no and you end up feeling guilty either way!  So find a buddy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...